Waysun is looking for a hands-on Character Animator to contribute to the design and development of a brand-new IP. This role will be responsible for supporting the artistic vision of ongoing and new projects at Waysun. The ideal candidate is a team player with ability to tell stories and bring characters to life through animation.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of high-quality 3D animations for in game and cinematic characters, including animals and creatures.
- Perform keyframe animation in Maya and other art/animation packages.
- Partner with Engineering and Design to ensure animations adhere to gameplay and technical requirements.
- Work closely with our creative team to shape the look and feel of our games.
- Participate in animation review and polish process as requested.
- Provide input to drive efficiency of the animation pipeline.
- Attend team meetings to communicate milestones, and project progression.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Expert at animating in the Maya environment. Knowledgeable in other animation related proprietary art tools such as Max and MotionBuilder.
- Minimum two-years of prior video game or similar experience working in animation.
- Strong traditional animation fundamentals and deep understanding of 3D Animation principles.
- An understanding of character creation (modeling, texturing, and rigging) is a plus.
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software including Unity.
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in an artistic field from a competitive program preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Possess a strong desire be an impactful contributor on our team.
- Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL.
- Reel showcasing strong understanding in weighted animations, timings, secondary motion, and personality. Other materials may be submitted to complement reel. Submission of an animation reel is required.