Waysun Inc. is seeking a 3D Modeler to create character, prop and environment models supporting our current and future games and entertainment projects. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, and able to take direction well. He or she must also be comfortable with hard-surface modeling, UV mapping and should be an artist with a passion for characters and storytelling. This role will also involve some general and/or mobile development and support duties.
- Creates three-dimensional hard surface models for complex characters, props, mechanical objects, and environments.
- Creates organized, clean, and efficient modeling assets supporting related departments.
- Reviews and revises work based on creative and technical direction.
- Accurately bids and schedules modeling tasks.
- Collaborates and communicates as needed.
- Adapts to new and developing techniques.
- Creates clear and precise documentation when needed.
- Preforms other tasks related current production needs.
- At least two years of games, animation, or visual effects production experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years of modeling and character art experience.
- Ability to translate 2D artwork to 3D models.
- Experience with the Autodesk Maya application.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative and Substance suites.
- Understanding of the Unity and Unreal real-time platforms.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of Shotgun Production Management and Perforce Asset Management.
Waysun Inc. is looking for a hands-on Character Animator to contribute to the design and development of a brand-new IP. This role will be responsible for supporting the artistic vision of ongoing and new projects at Waysun. The ideal candidate is a team player with ability to tell stories and bring characters to life through animation.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of high-quality 3D animations for in game and cinematic characters, including animals and creatures.
- Perform keyframe animation in Maya and other art/animation packages.
- Partner with Engineering and Design to ensure animations adhere to gameplay and technical requirements.
- Work closely with our creative team to shape the look and feel of our games.
- Participate in animation review and polish process as requested.
- Provide input to drive efficiency of the animation pipeline.
- Attend team meetings to communicate milestones, and project progression.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Expert at animating in the Maya environment. Knowledgeable in other animation related proprietary art tools such as Max and MotionBuilder.
- Minimum two-years of prior video game or similar experience working in animation.
- Strong traditional animation fundamentals and deep understanding of 3D Animation principles.
- An understanding of character creation (modeling, texturing, and rigging) is a plus.
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software including Unity.
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in an artistic field from a competitive program preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Possess a strong desire be an impactful contributor on our team.
- Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL.
- Reel showcasing strong understanding in weighted animations, timings, secondary motion, and personality. Other materials may be submitted to complement reel. Submission of an animation reel is required.