Waysun Inc. is seeking a 3D Modeler to create character, prop and environment models supporting our current and future games and entertainment projects. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, and able to take direction well. He or she must also be comfortable with hard-surface modeling, UV mapping and should be an artist with a passion for characters and storytelling. This role will also involve some general and/or mobile development and support duties.
- Creates three-dimensional hard surface models for complex characters, props, mechanical objects, and environments.
- Creates organized, clean, and efficient modeling assets supporting related departments.
- Reviews and revises work based on creative and technical direction.
- Accurately bids and schedules modeling tasks.
- Collaborates and communicates as needed.
- Adapts to new and developing techniques.
- Creates clear and precise documentation when needed.
- Preforms other tasks related current production needs.
- At least two years of games, animation, or visual effects production experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years of modeling and character art experience.
- Ability to translate 2D artwork to 3D models.
- Experience with the Autodesk Maya application.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative and Substance suites.
- Understanding of the Unity and Unreal real-time platforms.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of Shotgun Production Management and Perforce Asset Management.
Waysun Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented and flexible Project Coordinator (PC) who will work closely with senior leadership to organize, coordinate, document and maintain project meetings, tasks and reporting to ensure project initiatives and timelines are met. The PC will liaise with management to ensure project tasks are clearly communicated and followed up on by internal and external resources. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of design and project management software and prior experience in project coordination in a creative development environment.
- Juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring project efforts remain within scope and schedule
- Work with team leads to develop and implement efficient work methods and pipelines
- Take the lead on technical and creative asset collection, filing, management and organization
- Act as key support of project task tracking within creative project management software
- Plan time, resources and tasks for teams’ respective areas of responsibility
- Facilitate and participate in regular cross-team meetings, creating and distributing meeting notes in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a dedicated ability to anticipate needs and changes, then react efficiently with independent/sound judgment
- Evaluate, analyze, and identify best practices, deficiencies, corrective actions and make recommendations for improvements in operational processes, policies and procedures
- Assist Project Manager with executive reports
- Support leadership in any other pop-up, project-related tasks
- Must be willing to work in office in Orlando, FL and work closely with different time zones in off hours on a regular basis
- Must be exceptionally well-organized with ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize
- Strong relationship building skills (locally and internationally)
- Proactive thinker with ability to anticipate needs
- Passionate and dedicated professional with “can-do” attitude for all situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible with ability to adapt approach, change focus and jump in wherever needed
- Ability to think independently, take initiative and work both individually and as a team
- Proven analytical and problem-solving background
- Experience with project management software such as JIRA
- Ideal candidate will have experience with Shotgun, but not required
- Bachelor's Degree required in relevant field
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience required
Waysun Inc. is looking for a hands-on Character Animator to contribute to the design and development of a brand-new IP. This role will be responsible for supporting the artistic vision of ongoing and new projects at Waysun. The ideal candidate is a team player with ability to tell stories and bring characters to life through animation.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of high-quality 3D animations for in game and cinematic characters, including animals and creatures.
- Perform keyframe animation in Maya and other art/animation packages.
- Partner with Engineering and Design to ensure animations adhere to gameplay and technical requirements.
- Work closely with our creative team to shape the look and feel of our games.
- Participate in animation review and polish process as requested.
- Provide input to drive efficiency of the animation pipeline.
- Attend team meetings to communicate milestones, and project progression.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Expert at animating in the Maya environment. Knowledgeable in other animation related proprietary art tools such as Max and MotionBuilder.
- Minimum two-years of prior video game or similar experience working in animation.
- Strong traditional animation fundamentals and deep understanding of 3D Animation principles.
- An understanding of character creation (modeling, texturing, and rigging) is a plus.
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software including Unity.
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in an artistic field from a competitive program preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Possess a strong desire be an impactful contributor on our team.
- Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL.
- Reel showcasing strong understanding in weighted animations, timings, secondary motion, and personality. Other materials may be submitted to complement reel. Submission of an animation reel is required.